Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident lawyer can help you collect and organize the evidence necessary to prove liability for the accident. If you choose, an auto accident attorney can handle records requests and communications with the other drivers’ insurer so that you can focus on recovering from the accident or focusing on medical bills. The attorney won’t just look at the pictures of the accident but can return to the scene of the accident for you to take pictures of the road when in use, if relevant to your case, and take witness statements regarding the accident or the history of incidents in that location.A good tip to remember when working with a lawyer is to try and get as much done in possible in one meeting.
Personal Injury Attroney
Personal injury law involves cases where someone is injured whether through direct action of the responsible party, inaction when they should have acted, or were harmed through the negligence or wrongdoing of another. The personal injury case can be filed against a person, a company or even a government agency. For example, when a doctor working for a hospital is negligent in their care, you can sue both the doctor and the hospital. Make sure you understand the process involved with firing your lawyer. There are many lawyers that still require you to pay a portion of your fees even if you fire them.Read over all contracts carefully. Find a second opinion if you are unsure about your lawyer.
Wrongfull death suit
A wrongful death lawsuit is filed when someone died due to the direct actions or failure of others to act correctly. The types of damages that can be filed depend on where you live, and the amounts can vary based on local laws as well. However, there are several factors that are almost always allowed in wrongful death suits. Do not pick a lawyer because you saw their ad on television or on a billboard. Many big firms that can afford this type of advertising use lawyers that are fresh out of school for most of their cases, but charge you for the experience held by its highest lawyers.
A good tip to keep in mind when thinking about hiring a lawyer is to only hire a lawyer.
What would a car accident lawyer do for you? How can an auto accident attorney help you after an accident?
Help With Your Claim
A car accident lawyer can help you collect and organize the evidence necessary to prove liability for the accident. If you choose, an auto accident attorney can handle records requests and communications with the other drivers’ insurer so that you can focus on recovering from the accident or focusing on medical bills. The attorney won’t just look at the pictures of the accident but can return to the scene of the accident for you to take pictures of the road when in use, if relevant to your case, and take witness statements regarding the accident or the history of incidents in that location.
Car accident lawyers can negotiate with lienholders on your auto accident claim to reduce those amounts, such as workers’ compensation insurers or the health insurance company. They will also gather all of the evidence needed for proving damages, including but not limited to medical costs and car repairs. Car accident lawyers can also work with mechanics to prevent a mechanic’s lien preventing disposal of a totaled car or sale of a vehicle you don’t want anymore.
Car accident attorneys have the expertise to document costs that you may not otherwise be able to include in your claim such as lost wages, extra costs incurred due to loss of your vehicle and pain and suffering.
Your auto insurance policy may call for arbitration instead of going to court for certain types of accidents. Don’t let the terminology fool you – this is a legally binding settlement of the claim, and you need legal assistance when entering arbitration. This is true even if you have a basic understanding of how court cases go, since arbitration follows different though similar rules. If you’ve been called in for arbitration, you need to call a car accident lawyer.
Understanding Your Coverage
There are jokes that legalese is its own language. Car insurance policies read more like legal reference books than standard documents. If you don’t understand your auto insurance coverage, such as when arbitration is required or what happens if you accept a financial settlement, consult with a car accident lawyer. Details like the time frame you have to file a claim, the rules regarding legally admissible witness statements and insurance policies that could be filed against instead of or in addition to the auto insurance could be critical to receiving reimbursement.
For example, there may be times when your home owner insurance policy or the other person’s umbrella insurance policy would apply, such as when the vehicle is sitting in their driveway when damaged. Sometimes your credit card payment for a rental car provides partial insurance coverage for the vehicle when damaged.
Have you been charged with drunk driving or driving under the influence when the real cause is due to diabetes or another medical condition? Could use of your inhaler caused the police to charge you with drunk driving? Did you fail the field sobriety test because you have bad balance due to a documented medical condition? You need legal experts to fight these criminal charges.
Criminal charges and allegations can arise from simple misunderstandings. Did you verbally verify that everyone was OK and leave the scene thinking it was fine, before the police decided you left the scene of the accident? Is the insurer accusing you of being part of a car accident scam because of data from the car’s black box? Did you give a brief account of the accident to the insurer when interviewed and they want to deny your coverage or invalidate your policy because you didn’t include embarrassing details? You need to talk to a lawyer with experience in car accident claims to prevent the worst case scenario.
When Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
- You were in a car crash and need full reimbursement for medical costs, rehabilitation, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering.
- Due to your doctor’s mistake in diagnosing a condition or improperly treating it, you faced delayed resolution, prolonged suffering, additional medical costs or unnecessary medical treatment.
- You were assaulted and have serious injuries. A personal injury attorney can help you file both criminal charges and a persona injury suit against the other party.
- You were in an accident at work and face long term injuries or received a permeant injury that disabled you.
- Your insurance company disputes your liability for an accident, so you aren’t receiving reimbursement for your expenses due to an accident.
- You were injured at a venue due to uneven flooring, unmarked stairs, construction debris or unsafe conditions.
- Your landlord didn’t provide adequate safety measures and you were harmed by an intruder.
- Your landlord did not maintain a safe premises and your child was injured on the playground.
- The hotel or apartment complex isn’t well kept. You were using a pool that wasn’t properly maintained, or you slipped and fell on improperly maintained stairs and receiving an injury.
- Your family member was in the hospital and didn’t receive adequate care, resulting in a prolonged stay, secondary infection or death.
- The nursing home failed to provide adequate care, such as not making sure someone with trouble swallowing was given enough water and food, resulting in hospitalization or death.
- Your family’s home was built with drywall that outgassed toxic substances, making you ill.
- There was a meth lab in the home before you bought it, and your family became ill because you didn’t know hazardous materials needed to be removed from the property.
- Your child or you yourself were bit by a dog that wasn’t properly kept in a yard or on a leash. However, harm to your pet is considered a property suit, not personal injury case. Injuries you received trying to separate two fighting dogs could be part of a personal injury lawsuit.